Streaming/Ripping DVD to NAS friendly video format

Streaming/Ripping DVD to NAS friendly video format

lauralily520
Here we give the tutorial for ripping movies from DVD and help you copy DVD to NAS devices, including Synology, QNAP, Asustor, etc.

Source From: Using Best DVD Ripper to Convert DVD for NAS to TV

I recently purchased a NAS to store all my music/photos etc on. I can stream stuff to my iPhone/iPad using the NAS software. What I want to do is rip all my DVDs (over 400) to my NAS, but I’m not sure which format to do it in, to play nice with my Apple TV2, Xbox 360, iPhone, iPad etc. I wanna get some advice as to what format to rip in and what software to use?

Learn some tips from online, I got know that to copy dozens of DVD movies to NAS, you need to get the content off the DVD disc as a protection-free and easily readable element for NAS. In this case, at the first place powerful third-party software for backup DVD to NAS is what you need.

There are many, many DVD ripping tools on the market. I’ve tired a pile of them. Here, Brorsoft DVD Ripper is right for you. It is capable of ripping DVD to MP4, AVI, MKV for NAS streaming with no quality loss; it also enables you to copy DVD main movies for backup onto NAS in .vob format. If you are running on Mac OS X, turn to DVD Ripper for Mac. Now let's learn how to do it.

  (Note: Click here for OS X 10.5)

Read More:
Blu-ray & DVD to QNAP
Blu-ray & DVD to Asustor
Blu-ray & DVD to Synology
Blu-ray & DVD to Seagate
Blu-ray & DVD to RedayNAS
Blu-ray & DVD to Western Digital
Blu-ray & DVD to WD MyCloud

Ripping and copying DVDs to NAS

1. Launch the DVD ripping program for NAS devices .Then click "Load DVD" to import the DVD files you want to convert. To select the subtitles you like, simply click Subtitle and select the one you prefer. P.S. Before start the conversion, you can choose to backup DVD mian movies.

2. Click Format bar and choose your desired format. To store hundreds of DVD's on NAS, you can rip DVD to .mp4, or .avi, .mkv, etc compressed format. And click Settings bar, you can adjust the level of compression to suit the quality you want.

Tip: If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Keep in mind the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.

3. Press the "Convert" button to start ripping DVD for NAS streaming.

After the conversion, click Open button to find the output files. Make sure the wireless network connection is accessible among the NAS and Apple TV, PS3, HD TV or other media players. Then just enjoy the high quality DVD movies anywhere anytime.

https://blu-ray-dvd-copying-tips.jimdo.com/2017/04/10/nas-rip-dvd-upload-hundreds-of-dvd-to-nas-for-streaming/