Sony Movie Studio won't load MP4 files - Solution

Sony Movie Studio won't load MP4 files - Solution

jacknjchn

"I recently bought Movie Studio Platinum 13 as a step up from Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I'm liking it so far BUT I can't import .mp4 files that I made with Premiere Elements. I've searched around this forum and tried a few fixes but nothing has worked. I've tried some different file extensions, updated my quicktime, and installed the x264vfw codec. This is really a big problem for me. "

MP4 as the most popular video format, is widely used. You may get lots of MP4 files no matter captured by cameras like GoPro or downloaded from online. However, many users meet the problems while importing MP4 to Sony Movie Studio for further editing.

According to the Sony's official website, Sony Movie Studio can support MPEG-4 format, but due to the codec issue, Sony Movie Studio might not work with all MP4 files. You need to find another way to perform the task. As we all know, the most compatible video codec for Sony Movie Studio is MPEG-2, then transocoding MP4 files to MPEG-2 with a third party program is an easy way to edit MP4 videos in Sony Movie Studio.

To fulfill your task, you can just get Brorsoft Video Converter, a powerful video converter, editor and player. It offers an optimized preset for Sony Movie Studio for easy access. Besides transcoding MP4 to Movie Studio supported videos with optimized settings while keeping the video quality, the all-in-one and easy-to-use toolkit can convert all other popular video formats like MP4, AVI, MXF, Canon/Nikon DLSR MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, M2TS, VOB, etc. to Sony Movie Studio, Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Windows Movie Maker, etc natively supported video formats with fast encoding speed. See how below about converting MP4 files to Sony Movie Studio format.

Read More: MP4 to Sony Vegas | MP4 to Windows Movie Maker | MP4 to Adobe Premiere | MP4 to iMovie | MP4 to Final Cut Pro

Converting MP4 files for editing in Sony Movie Studio

Step 1: Load MP4video files to the MP4 to Sony Movie Studio Converter program by clicking “Add” button, or drag the MP4 videos to the software directly.

Step 2: Click “Format” bar and choose "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MPEG-2 (*.mpg)” as output format on the drop-down menu.

Tip: Before conversion, you can click the “Settings” icon to customize the video/audio settings Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc. for Sony Movie Studio.

Step 3: Click the Convert icon under the preview window, and the program will start transcode MP4 to MPEG-2 for Sony Movie Studio 10/11/12/13.

When the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the generated .mpg files effortlessly. Afterwards, you can import converted MP4 clips into Sony Movie Studio for further editing.

If you have any problems importing, editing or playing MP4 files on your Mac or PC, please enter "MP4 Related Guides & Tips" to find the solutions.

Source: Convert MP4 to Sony Movie Studio more edit-friendly MPEG-2 files

Source: [quote]  http://camcorder-assistant.over-blog.com/2015/06/sony-movie-studio-wont-open-mp4-files.html [/quote]Convert MP4 to Sony Movie Studio more edit-friendly MPEG-2 files